13 January 2009

It seems I've won an award


Considering I only began this blog the first week of December (on the civil calendar of the US), I am somewhat embarrassed as well as honoured to have been given a ‘Superior Scribbler Award’ by my favourite blogging nun, Sister Macrina, OCSO, of A vow of conversation. Thank you, my friend, for graciously tolerating my dogged observance of the traditional Orthodox calendar in my often menologically inclined posts! I can only suggest that perhaps you go back and re-read my O Antiphons posts next Sapientiatide. ;-)

Now, according to this magnanimous blogger of the Trappist tradition:

Each Superior Scribbler must in turn pass the award on to 5 most-deserving Bloggy Friends.

Each Superior Scribbler must link to the author and the name of the blog from whom he/she has received the Award.

Each Superior Scribbler must display the award on his/her blog, and link to this post, which explains the award.

Each Blogger who wins the Superior Scribbler Award must visit this post and add his/her name to the Mr. Linky List (scroll down). That way, we’ll be able to keep up-to-date on everyone who receives this prestigious honor!

Each Superior Scribbler must post these rules on his/her blog.

So, unfortunately, I am at a disadvantage when it comes to choosing more Superior Scribblers, as I do not read very many blogs. But of the small group that I read, here are five that most consistently feature posts that I am interested in.

The Ochlophobist, by an anonymous ochlophobist, occasionally referred to as ‘Owen’ by friends. Full of wit and wisdom.

The Voice of Stefan, by Esteban Vázquez. Full of wit, if not wisdom. Even though Esteban occasionally features posts dealing with matters beyond my ken, he always manages to make them humourous or amusing anyway. Also, he was perhaps my most direct inspiration for starting ‘Logismoi’. I figured, if he can do it, I can!

Orrologion, by Christopher Orr, a sometime actor and resident of the Big Apple. I first encountered Mr Orr on a now-fizzled team blog some friends and I once kept amongst ourselves, and only much later did I discover his own ‘Orrologion’ with its ever-intriguing and thoughtful posts.

biblicalia, by Kevin P. Edgecomb. Mr Edgecomb, like Mr Vázquez, does not always post within the limited area of my own bailywick, but I read him anyway. Take a look and you’ll see why.

Book Dust, by Gina, a young American convert to the Coptic Church. I couldn’t resist someone who described herself as an ‘armchair medievalist’, and aside from her interesting posts, I love the Blogger template she chose for ‘Book Dust’. Also, it mentioned books.

5 comments:

123 said...

Honored to be among such company. Thank you.

Esteban Vázquez said...

Um, thanks, I think? ;-)

123 said...

It has been many moons since I was even a sometimes actor, thank God. The scars remain, however, as well as a few of the affectations and skills. Perhaps I will one day live it down, find the upshot of it all, or make amends.

Team blogs are a much better idea than such vehicles of individual vanity as I keep. I think we should all start one. An online journal of some sort would be far more interesting, useful, and long lived, methinks - the last point being the most practical argument for such an undertaking.

Aaron Taylor said...

A sound idea, Christopher! Perhaps we could just start posting on 'Protecting Veil' again?

Oh, and I hope the 'actor' reference didn't touch a sore spot!

123 said...

Check in with Herman and see. I also started a blogger blog called Narthex Nave that we could use - I set it aside for the name (narthex = world, nave = church; the contributors = knaves).

Who should we invite to join in?

The actor mention didn't hit a sore spot except insofar as I try not to advertise it too openly. While I am classically trained and did some fun stuff, most of it is schlock - and some of it is 'inappropriate' depending on the context. (One of my adolescent church school kids hunted down some of my credits...)