19 October 2009

Another Round of Applause for Fr Louth


Realising belatedly that my weekend readership is always my lowest, I thought that rather than offer an original post today I would try to garner some extra attention for my review (posted on Saturday) of Fr Andrew Louth’s Discerning the Mystery: An Essay on the Nature of Theology (Wichita, KS: Eighth Day, 2007). It really is a brilliant book that deserves the widest possible readership. I’m fairly certain that once you’ve finished it, you’ll want extra copies to give out to certain friends! Order it here.

2 comments:

+Metropolitan SAVAS of Pittsburgh said...

Nice picture! I'm reminded, however, of a criticism of Fr Georges Florovsky in, I believe, The Orthodox Word. In fact, I'm pretty sure it was that periodical's obituary of the great man. The author of the piece was portraying Fr Georges as a divided soul, with one foot in the Orthodox East and the other in the Heterodox West, and suggested that his manner of dress said it on: "from his neck down, a cassock; on his head, a beret."

123 said...

Better than the other way round, though.